Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lack of time & what's next...

As you might know, I'm a psychology undergraduate student. And unfortunately, the students of the faculty of social sciences of my university (as well as of many other faculties) went on a strike for 8 weeks. The sad part about it is that only 3 weeks were added to the initial calendar for the semester, so we are now stuck with 4-hour classes, and condensed readings to do. I have exams every 2 or 3 weeks now, depending on the course in question.
-
All in all, what I mean to say is that time lacks incredibly. It is for that reason that the posts here have become slightly more spaced, and slightly less long. As of now, I am not doing much else than reading for my classes or studying -- even sleeping has become a luxury.
-
But don't you worry!, I'll continue posting here anyway. It's just that if there are slightly more "Problems" than other types of articles (they take less time to prepare and to publish), or things like that, you'll have to forgive me. Still, I'm giving here a short list of soon-to-be-published articles. Of course, this list is not exhaustive: some articles that I had not planned as of now will be published. But these will be available here for sure, eventually:
  • Book review: Perfect Your Chess (Volokitin);
  • Book review: Silman's Complete Endgame Course (Silman);
  • Book review: Rethinking the Chess Pieces (Soltis);
  • Book review: Chess Pawn Structure (Soltis);
  • Book review: Fundamental Chess Endings (Müller)
  • YouTube Phenomenon (you'll see...)
  • Caro-Kann Defense, g6 line

Also, as soon as time allows it, I will post articles of another kind, which I'm sure you'll find interesting. These articles will be about cognitive psychology, and will involve studies made on chess players. Being a psychology student, I have access to huge databases of scientific articles published in recent periodicals. I already have one of these articles saved on my computer, so you'll hear about that one for sure :)

(P.S.: I said before showing Problem #1 that it was an easy problem, and that subsequent problems should not be as easy. Well, I had feedback on Problem #2, and it's indeed much harder! Mission accomplished =) )

No comments: