Thursday, October 23, 2008

Game of the Day #1

Game of the Day will be a new series of articles, in which I will post a game that I played most likely on the same day, or at least in the recent past. Of course, I will try to post interesting games..
-
Today's game is interesting in a weird way -- it involves a big blunder. It was a 3-minute unrated game on ICC (3 0 u). I was playing as an anonymous player; and fortunately, my opponent was rated 1171, which is more than a thousand points below my own blitz rating. Otherwise, I would have lost in very few moves :)
-
I got interested yesterday evening in a bunch of openings for White, involving 1. d4 and an early Bg5. Namely, these are the Torre, Trompowsky and Veresov attacks. (They should be the subject of an upcoming article.) So I went earlier today on ICC to try some of these out. Unfortunately, the featured game didn't quite follow any of these openings' book lines, so I will have to play some more games eventually.
-
In the meantime, here is the game. Put simply, let's just say that I... well, traded my Queen for a Knight. More or less intentionally, in fact -- I just preferred defending my pawn than my Queen, that's all.
-
-
[LINK REMOVED]

No comments: